1 cup organic raw almonds (soak for at least 1 hour, discard soak water)
1 cup organic dates (soak for 1 hour)
1/2 cup organic raisins
1/2 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup organic raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup organic buckwheat groats
2 tablespoons raw organic sesame seeds
1/3 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon organic cinnamon
1. After soaking and draining almonds and dates, process semi-wet almonds and dates in your food processor. Be sure to scrape the sides. You don't need them to be totally processed, just process well enough--similar to how you'd process to make a raw pie crust. You should smallish chunks of dates and raisins.
2. Transfer almond/date mixture into a big mixing bowl.
3. Add everything else to the big mixing bowl and just mix with a spoon or even your hands.
4. Spread granola bars into two glass dishes to mold. Then transfer to Paraflexx sheet (2). Dehydrate about 8 hours.
5. These raw granola bars can be eaten as is--undehydrated (taste more like brownies then) or you can cut and dehydrate these raw granola bars to make a more traditional crunchy granola bar.